Pages

Tuesday 8 January 2013

observations of the week #2

Dungarees are back.

Penneys/Primark/Hell (sometimes) are bringing back the humble dungaree. Now I will show you a picture of me rocking the denim wonders way back when:





DOUBLE DENIM EVEN, (can you deal?) and now we will figure out how I can make them work in 2013. Okay no, there is no way they will ever work because I don't look like this girl over here. I may be crying now but I'll get over it. Also Penneys have just restocked their summer swimwear range. Just as we're all trying to get rid of our twelve chins and belly rolls of Christmas, thanks. Also every single item of clothing they currently stock is waterfall/dipped hem/whateveryouwanttocallit-short at the front and long at the back. Please, leave it in 2012.




Sales are terrible.

Shopping woes are neverending. First slow walkers and now we have to endure weeks of messy floors, five year old rotten stock being dragged back out, clogged rails. It is just too much clutter for my little mind to bear. I like to go into Topshop and actually enjoy my shopping experience rather than be bombarded with tat they weren't able to sell when it first came out. Then if randomly, and I rarely do take the time to peruse the sales racks and, actually find something with potential, only to find that it's a full price item, hastily stuffed onto that messy rail, my disappointment knows no bounds.

PS: the slow walkers are getting worse too. Walking out of the Disney Shop (don't ask) the other day and a woman with a buggy the size of a people carrier refused to let anyone pass until her bold child would get into it. "You're holding everyone up Melody" (okay I made up that name but it was such a brat it probably deserved it) just pick the child up and get out of the way. Rage.

Kim and Kanye are preggo.

The news also means that Kanye will finally get to feature in the Kardashian Kristmas Card (click the link, seriously, you won't regret it.). How perfect is it that his name begins with a K too, some people have all the luck. Both he and the Kimye spawn will take the place of Kim's kitten Mercy, who sadly passed away, a little white ball of fluff who was much too tiny to die. I've just about got over it and I don't even like cats. The nine month saga is going to be a lesson in oversharing, contrary to K-Middy who will reveal very little, I'm sure it won't be long before Kanye and his baby mama are gracing our screens with all of their pregnancy banter. Most of all we all know I just can't wait to see what maternity wear Kanye puts her in.

Birthdays around Christmas are also terrible.

If ever I happen to acquaint someone who works in the birth cert office, I'll make sure to doctor that shit and move it to June so there's at least something to look forward to for the rest of the year. Having the nerve to be born on New Year's Eve also means no chance of a night off work, oh well.

I think that's all my whinging for the week. Sorry as usual for being the biggest silly in town. Happy Janbluary!


No comments:

Post a Comment