Pages

Friday 18 January 2013

observations of the week #3

LES MIS.

Physically, emotionally and mentally drained, Les Mis this week won a Claire award for the first film I ever cried at. Kudos. Didn't expect to like Russell Crowe, Anne Hathaway or Amanda Seyfried but they all surprised me and I JUST LOVED IT OKAY. I remember the intense panic I felt when there was a possibility Taylor Swift had been cast as Eponine but luckily this was a reality we didn't have to endure. THANK GOD. THANK GOD.

Silly magic shows.

I was watching some old Sabrina (how good was that show, seriously?) last week and it got me thinking. It really annoys me in magic related shows how they never use magic. Sabrina, only when NEEDED, Harry Potter, only when NECESSARY, UGH like if that was me I'd be buzzing around having a gas time.

Boiling eggs is hard.

Shamefully I had to Google how to boil an egg. It's not that I've never boiled an egg before but they just never turn out right. Do you put them in hot water, do you put them in cold water, how long for? They're just so tricky. I will never again laugh at someone who says they cannot boil an egg.

The day Taylor Swift actually looked hot. RAGE.






It was inevitable. I should have seen it coming. Some day, she had to do something good. Here's Taylor looking (and I struggle to type this) glam. As Niamho said, there should be a ban on her looking nice.










Sometimes I can be kind of serious, sometimes.

Finally something that really bugged me this week was the news of the old couple who died in their flat on the North Circular Road. IT'S JUST SO SAD, I DON'T EVEN WANT TO THINK ABOUT IT. I think old people are gas, when I went to see my grandad this week... even though I spent half the day trying to explain to him what a blog is and I'm fairly sure when he was reading The College View he didn't understand Flux at all... I just had the loveliest time. Some of them are annoying but also cute and are normally very good at listening to you shite on about yourself for hours, so let's not forget about the oldies.

In other news Beyoncé is looking GORGE on the cover of GQ, the men's section of River Island is my new favourite place (and as I said on Twitter, boys genuinely have no excuse not to be stylish while it is in existence. Simple.) and Kim and Kate are to spawn in the same month (July) and therefore could give birth on the same day. I will have a coronary if that happens.

This really isn't reading very well. To be fair, we must remember that this is coming from the girl who spent the day watching the two Bridget Jones films (what is my life?) so I may delete. As usual sorry for all the Taylor dislike and have a happy weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment