Pages

Tuesday 18 December 2012

12 MOST annoying things about 2012

It has been an excellent year in many ways, (topped off by one of my moments of the year, the IKEA monkey squee) but there's always those few things that have caused intense aggro during 2012's reign as, well, year. So here's the most annoying things that I'd like to leave in 2012...

1. Peplum. EVERYTHING became peplum and now I never want to see anything with a peplum ever again.

2. Speaking of peplum, Kanye taking over Kim's wardrobe was the ultimate fail. The man can dress himself but has zero style savvy when it comes to girlos. Take your furry sandals (yeah) and go back to letting Kim "pour her curves" (thanks daily mail) into her own choices.

3. Taylor Swift is as dull as dishwater. I'm sorry, but I just can't like the girl, no matter how hard I try. "We Are Never Getting Back Together" was possibly my worst song of 2012 and her endless cycle of failed romances is just ridiculous. I know a lot of people out there adore her and that's fine, congratulations on your success but please just someone give her the worst break up ever, one that cuts her so deep she can't even write about it, forces her to take a break from the music industry and let's us take a breather from her simpery idiocy. (Does this make me a hater?)

4. YOLO - leave ih ouh. Actually leave that out too.

5. Timeline. Remember the RAGE when we all gradually were switched over to the new Facebook profile, or when our friends did it for us? Brats. Now we don't bat an eyelid, but at the time it was a race as to who would hold out the longest before Zuckerberg's minions got their hands on our (sadly) extensions of our lives.  Also Facebook related, I was definitely angered when they changed the hearts and smiley faces to colour. So tacky, completely lowering the tone.

6. X Factor slash all reality contests. These shows are so stale that I can smell the mould growing from here. More judge shake ups, more draining contestants (Christopher Baloney amiright?) and it's just getting worse. Go away please.

7. 12/12/12, end of the world blah blah blah. Okay I didn't need a social network to tell me what date it is, I have a calendar and if in fact, the world does end this Friday, while I am at work, probably cleaning vomit, I will take my hat off to them, if hats are allowed in the next zone or whatever. Why are we even talking about this?

8. Celebrity break ups and make ups. More than likely spurred on by the horrendous Taylor Swift, we saw countless relationships fall apart - Rob and Kirsten, the teen dream Justin and Selena, the list is endless. In the words of the (terrible)(but thankfully on a break) Black Eyed Peas, where is the love?

9. Fifty Shades of Shite. Go away please, and read something more beneficial to your life. Also now we have the movie to look forward to, joy.

10. If you asked me last week, I would have said 212 by the now infamous Azzy B (just made that up cos I wasn't bothered googling her name) but then they played it at work on Saturday and I enjoyed a little rap while collecting glasses so I've decided to let it join me in 2013. A song that does need to move on and take its spot in music heaven is Gotye's "Somebody That I Used to Know." JUST UGH. THOSE WAHWAHWAH VOCALS. What started as a quirky little break up number ended up as the overplayed bane of my life. Hearing that dippy intro now makes me want to painstakingly tear my nails off. I think he might be the male Taylor. They should toddle off and make each other very happy.

11. Example getting engaged. I mean, it only takes one look at his Twitter and Instagram to know how happy we could have been together. BIG EATS. Alas it wasn't to be.

12. STILL not knowing the name of Adele's (one of my fave girlos) baby. So unfair but I am also enjoying the mystery. My money's on something normal like James (great name) but then she's chummy with James Corden so maybe not. Someday we will find out and maybe even get to see the little mite and it will be glorious.


Here is my excited for 2013 face. This all makes me sound like an awful whinger, when in reality, I'm just trying to be gas. Always. Forever gas. 


2 comments:

  1. I am actually in love with this post ... it made me howl a lot with laughter as I agree with 11 out of the 12 as I am unfortunately still and X Factor and The Voice lover, I am however convinced that by the end of 2013 I shall be on your side!!!

    Fantastic blog, so glad I found it!!!

    xxx

    Following on GFC and bloglovin!

    jazzabelled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thanks so much for your super kind words...made my day, glad you like! X

      Delete